Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Quick Tip: Save Time and Gasoline by Calling Ahead

So, I needed to pick up a prescription from the pharmacy today. I went in for a refill five days ago. According to insurance, it wasn't  quite time to pick up the script, so the pharmacist provided four pills at retail price and faxed the Dr. for the refill. Fast forward five days to today. I stop in to pick up the refill, and surprise, no word back from the doctor. Turns out, the fax has been sitting on his desk for the last five days waiting for him to approve it.

Moral of the story is, call the pharmacy (or other service provider) ahead of time to make sure that everyone has done their job, and in the event they have not, then you can save yourself the trip. I usually do this, but since I was in the neighborhood, I broke my own rule of calling ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment